sniffit 0.3.5 does it support FDDI?

To Debian user community,

  The following was sent to Debian-qa, and I was told to forward to this
group because it has a larger audience.

  I recently downloaded the above package for our Debian system(which is a
new installation for this company).  The package installed with no problems.
However, when it is executed against our FDDI adapter no output is ever
generated.  The consultant who installed our Linux box said that sniffet
0.3.5 does not support a FDDI interface.  Is this true?  However, the
consultant did think that version 0.3.7 did support the FDDI interface.  If
this is true, do you have it on your site?

  We are trying to debug a communication flow between printer software and
printers in the Linux environment.  Sniffit was recommended, but maybe there
is a better way.  In AIX we run iptrace, but our consultant said that Linux
does not have such a utility.  Do you know of a way to trace tcp/ip flows
between the Linux host (FDDI card) and network printers?  I have tried
tcpdump but I'm unable to capture the actual data being sent.  All that is
displayed is ip packet header information.

Thanks for your time, all the best......earl sykes