Re: ddd's segfaulting tradition

On Tue, Apr 20, 1999 at 12:05:52 +0200, E.L. Meijer Eric" wrote:
> I wonder, does anyone use ddd in a serious way with C++?  Everytime a new
> debian release arrives I give it a try, and everytime it manages to
> segfault within a few minutes.  I suppose ddd should be nice for C++ if it
> worked, but I never found one real life bug with it in _my_ code before I
> hit one in ddd itself.

DDD is free software. If you don't like it, you can choose not to use it, or
to improve it yourself, either by contributing code or bug reports.

In Debian, the DDD in main is linked against LessTif, a free
reimplementation of the Motif API. LessTif is often quite unstable.
Additionally, it is a C++ binary; glibc 2.0-compiled C++ binaries were
broken by glibc2.1.

I'm getting tired of people complaining about DDD who don't contribute in
any constructive fashion to its improvement. I'm also getting tired of
people complaining that DDD is buggy when one of the libraries DDD uses is
may well be the problematic component.

If you find DDD to be buggy, file a useful bug report, which includes a
scenario to repeat the problem you encountered.

Ray - who'll probably spend his weekend diving into glibc internals to
figure out what's behind http://www.debian.org/Bugs/db/35/35942.html
--
Obsig: developing a new sig