Re: Self-extracting compressed binaries in Linux?

* William R Pentney said:

> Is there any program that can create compressed self-extracting
> executables a la PKLite in Linux? Anyone know of any? Just curious.
One of the best I found on the net is exepak. Here's it's LSM file:

Begin3
Title:          EXEPAK executable file compressor for Linux
Version:        1.1
Entered-date:   8-27-97
                the old DOS PKLITE program.  Works on any Linux binary.
		Archive includes source and 80x86/ELF binary.  (There's
                a memory/speed penalty of course :)
Author:         Adam Ierymenko [api@one.net]
Maintained-by:  Adam Ierymenko [api@one.net]
Primary-site:   http://w3.one.net/~api/exepak/
Alternate-site:
Platforms:      Linux-ELF
Copying-policy: public domain, no warranty
End

You will find it on any sunsite mirror in the utils/compress directory. It's
really fast and efficient, I do recommend it if you need such a thing.

marek