Re: QPopper question?

On Mon, 19 Apr 1999, Clint Rhodes wrote:

> I am having some strange problems with my qpopper.  I have several usres
> who are not able to check their email, and I also have several
> (including my office) who ARE able to check their email.

> Any suggestions would be helpful!

Things to check:
Quotas (qpopper copies the mail spool file so if the mail spool file is
        more than half the size of the remaining quota, it'll fail)
Password/username combos ("telnet localhost 110" is your friend!  The
        relevant commands are 'user', 'pass', 'list', and 'quit')
General permissions problems.  (As I recall, qpopper copies the spool file
        to .<userid>.pop so that must not exist or must be owned by the
        user.)
The tasklist. (sometimes the mail client fails without cleaning up and
        you'll need to kill the qpoppers left hanging.)

I can't recall if qpopper pays attention to expirations or not, but that
might be something else to check.
--
Jonathan Guthrie (jguthrie@brokersys.com)
Brokersys  +281-895-8101   http://www.brokersys.com/