Re: HELP! Mail program suggestions

On Mon, Apr 19, 1999 at 11:42:40AM -0400, Ian Peters wrote:

> I'll suggest Mutt, the mailer I'm using right now.

Same here.

> additions.  The only thing I am not sure about is news access
> directly, I think this is not in the default stable version of mutt.

mutt doesn't do news.  This is probably because mutt is a mail reader
and not a newsreader, and given the anti-bloat policy of the authors
it's unlikely to acquire that functionality.

For a newsreader similar to mutt, I'd suggest slrn.  Personally, I
prefer Gnus, which is about as fully featured as you get in the
newsreading world.

            http://www.tardis.ed.ac.uk/~broonie/