Re: HELP! Mail program suggestions

On Mon, Apr 19, 1999 at 06:13:16PM -0400, James M. Mastros wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 19, 1999 at 03:41:39PM +0200, Wojciech Zabolotny wrote:
> > I'm a pine user (as can be seen from the header of my message), and
> > because of the unclear status and future of this program I would like
> > to switch to another mailer.
> Mutt -- it's bar none the best mail client I've ever used.  It works on
> points 1, 2, 3, 4(?, don't know, as I can't read anything else), 5, and I
> don't really know about 6.  It even comes with a config file designed to
> make moving from pine as easy as possible -- /usr/doc/mutt/examples/Pine.rc.
> apt-get install mutt, naturaly.

While on the topic of mutt, I've recently switched from pine and I love it,
but the only thing I don't like is that it keeps moving my read mail (granted
after asking me--but being used to pine, I always hit 'qy' to exit) to ~/mbox.
Is there any way to force it not to do that or at least to move it to
~/mail/mbox?

In doing some reading, I've found the 'mbox-hook' command, and I assume it
should go in my .muttrc, but the docs on it are a little cryptic and I haven't
a clue how to use it.

Thanks for any help.

And thanks to all who replied to my Realplayer dilemma.

-Dano