Dubuger problem (ddd segfaults - xxgdb maloc problem)

I am trying to run a debuger under x for c / c++
when i try to run ddd i get a reply:
ddd: Symbol 'XmStrings' hasdifferent size in shared object, consider
relinking

Internal error (Illegal instruction).

when I try to run it on a file i also get a message:
Segmentation fault

I am running DDD version 3.1.3 (I think potato) on a mostly slink
machine (gdb and g++, gcc are from potato).
g++ and gcc i need the new ones because some program demands it for
compilation. The dubugers i updated for some reson with them. If it
will solve the problem i can downgrade.

Also from xxgdb I get a message:
Warning: Cannot allocate colormap entry for "snow1"
Warning: Cannot allocate colormap entry for"snow2"
Error: Cannotperform malloc