Re: slrnpull won't work on Mindspring.com

	Subject: Re: slrnpull won't work on Mindspring.com
	Date: Mon, Apr 19, 1999 at 02:35:39PM -0400

Quoting Mitch Blevins(mblevin@mindspring.com):
> In foo.debian-user, you wrote:
> > I am trying out a new ISP and have run into a problem I have not seen
> > before.  I wonder if anyone else might have run into this?
> > [snip problem]
>
> Just wanted to let you know that you are not alone. (I feel your pain)
> I cannot list newsgroups by wildcards in slrn using Mindspring.  I think
> they've got something funky with their news setup.
>
> -Mitch

Thanks Mitch. :-(  I feel better(!?)

Support told me, last night, that it must be my software as their
server ' didn't send out any error codes'.  Finally today I have found
a tech that altho he does not know Linux, he does know more about
their setup.  We are working on the problem now.

It seem that the error is:
"480 is an authentication error. Make sure that they are
authenticating into the server."

This makes me wonder if slrnpull uses the password in the .slrnrc
file?

I will post a question to John Davis on the newsreader newsgroup about
this tonight.

If we find an answer I will let you know.  I would like to switch to
mindspring because of faster connects but a loss of slrnpull
capabilities would not be worth it, to me.

Thanks again

Wayne

--
C, n.:
  A programming language that is sort of like Pascal except more like assembly