Re: How to bring a file from Windows to Debian?

David B.Teague wrote:

[snip]

> One thing: your message had a very long line, it will help those of us
> who use text mailers (PINE, etc) for you to press return every 70
> characters or so. Some mail composers generate local <cr> but don't
> insert them into the file.

That makes me curious.  He used "quoted-printable".  (He also used a
multipart message with HTML as one of the parts, but that's irrelevant
here).  Can PINE not handle that?  How do other list users feel about
using "quoted-printable"?  The idea is that the readers will wrap the
lines to their liking.  (Along with some different handling of 8-bit
characters).  If your reader does not handle it, or you don't have it
set properly, the message will indeed look like a big long line.