PARIDE almost working (but not quite).

Me again. What I did....

- Installed Debian 2.1 including base system from 9 floppies on a 486-33
notebook. Selected paride to be a module in the kernel.
- Logged in as root.
- Did "insmod epia" to load the protocol module for the Shuttle parallel
port CD-ROM I happen to have.
- Did "insmod pcd" after which it gave the message:
   "pcd: pcd version 1.05s, major 46, nice 0
   "pcd0: epia 1.02, Shuttle EPIA at 0x738, mode 1 (5/3), delay 1"
   "pcd: No CDrom drive found"
   "/lib/modules/2.0.36/misc/pcd.o: init_module: Device or resource busy"
- Had a script run to make the device pcd0.
- Of course, mounting /dev/pcd0 /cdrom gave an error and namely
    "mount: the kernel does not recognize /dev/pcd0 as a block device
                  (maybe 'insmod driver'?)"

Somebody already pointed out to me that under the 2.0.36 version Linux
kernel you can not load two modules for the same parallel port and that
maybe there is already a printer module installed. Is this so? How do I
check that? How do I gracefully kill that other module? Your hints, tips
advice (and money to buy a better notebook) are highly appreciated.

Hans