Re: PARIDE almost working (but not quite).

On Mon, Apr 19, 1999 at 10:06:53PM +0800, Hans van den Boogert wrote:
> Somebody already pointed out to me that under the 2.0.36 version Linux
> kernel you can not load two modules for the same parallel port and that
> maybe there is already a printer module installed. Is this so? How do I
> check that? How do I gracefully kill that other module? Your hints, tips
> advice (and money to buy a better notebook) are highly appreciated.

use lsmod and look if the 'lp' (line printer) module is installed.
to 'KILL' the module you have first to kill the application using:

	# fuser -k /dev/lp*

if you want to do it gracefully the you'll probably have to do:

	# /etc/init.d/lpd stop

Then you can safely remove the lp module

	# rmmod lp

-Michele