Re: Linux Hardware website??

On Mon, Apr 19, 1999 at 08:56:09AM -0400, Randy Edwards took time to write:
> > Does anybody know any good websites that talks and reviews the
> > best hardware and are best supported by linux??
>
>    This is something that's needed badly.  I'm going through this right now
> deciding which SCSI card I should purchase.  As more and more people buy
> equipment solely for use with Linux, this is going to become even more needed.
>
>    But to answer your question, I've looked around and haven't found a "good"
> site.  I'd recommend trying the newsgroup comp.os.linux.hardware.

sometimes ago i've also searched for a good video card to use a 19" monitor.
i've thought about creating a web site like 'Better Hardware for linux'
providing people with user's experiences on bad/good hardware under linux,
telling which brands are supporting/nice to Linux, etc...
it could easily implemented with a little sql and php3
i"ve all ressources (computer/web site/bandwidth)
but i lack time.

However if enough people meet together, we could maybe build something great,
where everyone could add his experiences and create a good database up to date.
that would be definitively a good ressource to Linux people, and as you said
it's greatly needed !

Please let me know, if you have interest in that and/or similar projects.

--
Patrick   pat@patoche.org   http://www.patoche.org/