Re: More trouble ahead....

>-Hans van den Boogert <hansfong@mail.geocities.com>
>
> Thank you James, March, Richard, Oliver and Jan for answering my questions.
> It seems indeed that the base system doesn't come with the man command. A
> bit strange, but who am I to comment on that :-)

Lack of space.

> BTW, Oliver, $ type telltime comes back with "bash: $: command not found."
> Bash is installed and in /bin.

Don't type the dollar sign. It's only used in writing to imply
that the following should be written after the shell prompt.

> Partition check:
>  hda: hda1 hda2
> VFS: Mounted root (ext2 filesystem) readonly.
> Adding Swap: 20940 swap-space (priority -1)
>
> Exqueeze me, but what is VFS and is the fact that my Mounted root (hda1) is
> readonly correct?

VFS is the Virtual File System. It is an abstract wrapper around
the different filesystems.

root is supposed to be mounted readonly at first.

> I'm still having fun, though. Problem solving is the fastest way to become
> smart. Maybe that is street smart, but it'll come in handy sooner or later

Certainly.

> >From a dark and gloomy Taipei (no wonder at 10:20 pm) greetings from,

The moon is up here too. Luckily it's not full, or I'd be stalking
people in the forest instead of writing this :-E

--
MS-DOS: Micro$oft Denial Of Service. The most popular denial of
service attack. It is commonly disguised as an operating system.