Re: Mutt question

On Sun, Apr 18, 1999 at 07:37:31PM +1000, Shao Zhang wrote:
> Hi, I was wondering how to use mutt to configure a folder called
> sent-mail, and then on a monthly basis, move the sent-mail to
> sent-mail-date and create a new sent mail folder, just like what
> pine has got.
>
> 	thx.

Regarding creating a sent-mail folder, use the record variable to
specify a folder which gets copies of outgoing mail.  For example, in
my .muttrc, I have:

set     folder          =~/.mail
set     mbox            =~/.mail/inbox
set     postponed       =~/.mail/postponed
set     record          =~/.mail/outbox
set     spoolfile       =~/.mail/inbox

Now, when it comes to moving it every month - mutt is constantly
fighting against mail client bloat, so if you ask about this on one of
the mutt mailing lists, the official answer is:

"Use cron, it's designed to do things exactly like this, it works, and
it means we don't have to inflate the mail client anymore."

So basically, just set up a quick monthly cron job that moves your
sent-mail folder out of the way and touches a new one.

--
Ian Peters		"I never let schooling interfere with my education."
itp@gnu.org					-- Mark Twain