Re: Debian vs. RedHat

On Fri, Apr 16, 1999 at 11:04:53PM +0100, Matt wrote:
> Dan Nguyen wrote:
> >
> > In article <7f8i7t$c08@tekka.wwa.com> you wrote:
> > : In article <MPG.11734320c76ffa9f989761@news.bctel.net>,
> > : Luca Filipozzi <lucanntp@ise.bc.ca.spamsucks> wrote:
> >
> > : :It's unfortunate that the Debian install is difficult in comparison to
> > : :RedHat.
>
> Having just switched to Debian 2.1 from RH 5.2, I think the Debian
> install is easier and more informative.

	Hmmmm, is it just me being too dumb ? I didn't manage to install
slink (5 CD-Set/german bookstore Lehmanns). Two hours of selecting
packages and fighting dependencies and then.....
internal error - no filename at -e line 13 <P> chunk 14

	And more informative than RH ? I didn't realize any informations
about the required diskspace.....

	I'm running Linux for four+ years and installed Slackware, DLD, RH
3.0.3, 4.1, 5.0, SuSE 5.1, 5.3, 6.0 but.....