Re: problems w/pppd 2.3.7

John Hasler <john@dhh.gt.org> writes:

> Jeremy writes:
> > drwxr-s---   2 root     dip          1024 Apr 12 08:17 /etc/chatscripts
> > Hasn't been modified since I installed.  I don't think this is relevant.
>
> Set group ID on execution on a directory does nothing useful that I
> know of.  The group needs execute permission to search the
> directory:

info chmod:

  2. set the process's effective group ID to that of the file upon
     execution (called the "setgid bit").  For directories on some
     systems, put files created in the directory into the same group as
     the directory, no matter what group the user who creates them is
     in.

This is true for linux.

	Torsten