Re: smbfs question...

Alan Su wrote:

> when i was about 8, i think i used dos.  =)  mostly just to launch
> whatever game it was that i was interested in at the time...
>
> so, do those work?  i'm also not sure how this applies to my
> situation.  thanks.

> "R. Brock Lynn" wrote (Sat, 17 Apr 1999 12:35:29 -0500 ):
> |>
> |>ever used dos?
> |>
> C:\> move filename newfilename
> |>
> |>or
> |>
> |>C:\> ren filename newfilename
> |>
> |>(short for rename)

If for example "ren" and "move" work differently, i.e. "move" unlinks and then
relinks with a new name, but "ren" simply chnages the FAT32 filesystem
"filename" data structure field, then there is probably a way for the coders of
smbmount to exploit this feature to allow you to do what you want.

--Brock

---------------------  PGP  43 3C 3B CB CE 4B BF D3  F4 59 BD 97 92 DB 48 9C

   __ _    Debian GNU           R. Brock Lynn <brock@cyberdude.com>
  / /(_)_ __  _   ___  __       www.debian.org irc.openprojects.net
/ /__| | | | | |_| |>  <          World Domination, of course.