Linux & Zip

I would like to access my Zip drive under Linux (2.0.34). When booting,
it seems that it is recognized, as I read something about it being
described as /dev/hdc ide-floppy ATAPI ZIP Drive etc. However, I don't
know how to mount it (how must I define the file system?), and I can't
access it with mtools either. For the latter, I defined it in
/etc/mtools.conf in a similar manner as the normal floppy (which works)
and gave it the letter z: However, when trying to access the Zip drive
with mtools, I get
hdc: hdc4
init Z: unknown media type
Cannot initialize 'Z:'
The mtools manpage didn't give me any information on how to describe the
media type of a zip; I only saw warnings on not making descriptions of
disk geometry. Additionally, I didn't find a description on how to
install an internal Zip drive (ATAPI), the only hints I got were about
installation on a parallel port or for a SCSI Zip drive, but I don't
have a SCSI board.
Thanks for any solutions,
Thomas Ruedas
Institute of Meteorology and Geophysics,
J.W. Goethe University Frankfurt/Main
Feldbergstrasse 47			D-60323 Frankfurt/Main, Germany
Phone:+49-(0)69-798-24949		Fax:+49-(0)69-798-23280
e-mail: ruedas@geophysik.uni-frankfurt.de
http://www.geophysik.uni-frankfurt.de/~ruedas/