Re: Printing specific pages

On %M 0, Margaret Uy wrote

> I've been trying to print out the PostScript version of the Linux-user's
> guide (175 pages worth of it) on my old Apple Laserwriter Select 310.
> Unfortunately, when it reached page 45, it stopped printing.  Is there any
> way to specify specific pages when printing a document (i.e. from page 45
> to end of doc)?  My printer is very old, and I don't think it could handle
> a lot.  I also tried using gv, but "print marked" is greyed out and there
> seems to be no way of selecting that option. The only option I could
> choose is "print all".

psselect, in the psutils package, will do this.  You can also mark
individual pages of a document in gv, and then print marked pages.

You may want to put page 45 in its own file and then try running ps2ps
on it, like
  ps2ps page45.ps newpage45.ps
which may produce something your printer likes more.

Good luck,

John P.
--
john@huiac.apana.org.au
"Oh - I - you know - my job is to fear everything." - Bill Gates in Denmark