Re: SMBMOUNT won't

I'm running kernel 2.2.5 with smbfsx installed from the deb... I get the
attached error... Any tips would be appreciated. I have no problems
mounting from this workstation under NT to the particular file server
giving the error. Previously I used 2.0.36 without difficulty.

/proc/filesystems does indeed list smbfs as a supported type by the
kernel on the workstation.

On Wed, 14 Apr 1999, Kent West wrote:

> I can't seem to get smbmount to work, although I BELIEVE it used to.
> I've recently upgraded from 2.0.36 to 2.2.1, so that might have some
> bearing.
>
> I've tried most of the options in the smbmount man page; no good.
>
> I've tried removing the smbfs package and then adding it back in; no
> good.
>
> I can connect with smbclient, which the smbmount man page said
> definitely means my problem is with smbfs.
>
> The error I get is just a generic:  mount error: Invalid argument Please
> look at smbmount's manual page for possible reasons.
>
> Any clues, anyone? Thanks!
>

> --

params.c:OpenConfFile() - Unable to open configuration file "/etc/smb.conf":
	No such file or directory
load_client_codepage: filename /etc/codepages/codepage.850 does not exist.
Added interface ip=130.108.229.32 bcast=130.108.229.255 nmask=255.255.255.0
startlmhosts: Can't open lmhosts file /etc/lmhosts. Error was No such file or directory
Server time is Wed Apr 14 19:10:03 1999
Timezone is UTC-4.0
Session setup failed for username=SWEETIN workgroup=WORKGROUP myname=RS229032 destname=RS229031   ERRSRV - ERRbadpw (Bad password - name/password pair in a Tree Connect or Session Setup are invalid.)
You might find the -U, -W or -n options useful
Sometimes you have to use `-n USERNAME' (particularly with OS/2)
Some servers also insist on uppercase-only passwords