Re: problems w/pppd 2.3.7

On 14 Apr 1999, John Hasler wrote:

> Jeremy writes:
> > drwxr-s---   2 root     dip          1024 Apr 12 08:17 /etc/chatscripts
>
> Set group ID on execution on a directory does nothing useful that I know
> of.  The group needs execute permission to search the directory:
>
> drwxr-x---   2 root     dip          1024 Apr 12 08:17 /etc/chatscripts

Just did this and got a "function not implemented" error.  I changed the
/etc/ppp directory to same permissions and changed the group ID to dip
instead of root.  Regular users can now establish a ppp connection.

Thanks,
Jeremy
To automatically retrieve my PGP key via e-mail, send a
blank message with the subject line "fetch pgp key".