Re: Slink mirroring weirdness

On Tue, 13 Apr 1999, George Bonser wrote:

> I have started to mirror slink and I am noticing something a bit odd. It
> seems that when I use ftp.us.debian.org I end up replacing quite a bit of
> the slink files every time. This should only happen when files are changed
> and I thought slink has been stable for quite some time. The mirrors
> should all be in sync and I should not be replacing a large number of
> files even if the mirrors are in a round-robin DNS situation.
>
> I suppose my question is why so much difference between different slink
> mirrors in the games and graphics area in particular.

I have a hunch that you are using mirrordir?

I also get the same problem that you have. What I did was to simply remove
the offending files that are being downloaded again and again.

regards,

= ===== Andre M. Varon  Lasaltech Incorporated
= =  == Technical Head  Fax-Tel: (034)435-0836
= == =
=  = =  E-mail  : andrelst@mozcom.com
==== =  WebPage : http://andre.lasaltech.com