Install problem

I am installing Debian GNU/Linux for Intel 486 from floppies, since the old
computer I'm experimenting with doesn't have a CD-ROM drive.

I downloaded the following files so far:
resc1440.bin
resc1440tecra.bin
drv1440.bin
drv1440tecra.bin
base14-1.bin to base14-7.bin
rawrite2.exe

I can find no reference as to what the "tecra" files are for.  There seems
to be only a reference to "the rescue disc."  Along with all the docs I
could find, I used rawrite to process the rescue files and driver files.

Anyhow, I formatted my hard drive with a DOS startup disc.  I then advanced
with the Debian Linux setup procedure through partitioning the drive, using
the rescue floppy only, which was made from resc1440.bin.

I am now at the Debian GNU/Linux Installation Main Menu.  The highlighted
line reads: Install Operating System Kernel and Modules
ENTER
select the medium you will use to install the system: /dev/fd0:First floppy
drive.
ENTER
Please place the rescue floppy in the first floppy drive.  (It still is)
ENTER
"Please wait.......installing the rescue floppy....
Then : Floppy Error!  The attempt to extract the rescue floppy failed.
Continue, ENTER.
I am then taken back to the installation main menu.  ENTER again asks me to
Verify Filesystem Choice?  "The following file systems are mounted, and
will have the kernel, the modules and the base system installed to them:
/dev/hda2 on /

That's as far as I can go.  I just keep repeating all procedures.  Any help
would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

Bud Lorch
St. Thomas Ontario Canada