Re: OT: Network design

On Tue, Apr 13, 1999 at 02:40:24PM -0400, Dan Brosemer wrote:

> I'm thinking of using ipmasq to share a cable-modem among many machines.
> I would like to set up a DNS on this (gateway? proxy?) in order to resolve
> names inside this subnetwork.  I would also like to telnet into the boxen
> on the inside from the outside.

> Is this possible?  (the telnet bit) and if so, how?  I would have only one

You can't do that.  The best you could would be have a gubbins on the
firewall which made it easy to open a login session to the other boxen.
It's probably easier just to log in to the firewall normally and open a
login session out of that.

The problem is, as you say, figuring out which host incoming connections
should go to.

            http://www.tardis.ed.ac.uk/~broonie/