Re: K6 error

On Tue, Apr 13, 1999 at 02:40:17PM -0500, ktb wrote:
> AMD K6 stepping B detected - probably OK (after B9730xxxx)

Check the serial number on your CPU.  If it's > this number, you're fine.
If you have less than 32 MB, you're fine, unless you plan to add more.
If you have a buggy chip, you can call AMD and get it replaced with a
shiny new K6-2-300 for free!  (Seriously, they will do it.)

Some K6's had bugs that really only affected use under Linux with >32MB.
I recently had one replaced, but I had to get a new motherboard to
support the K6-2.

Regards,

Jeff