Adding stuff to init

Hi all:

I've got to admit that I'm a bit intimidated by the Debian's startup
scripts. I read through update-rc.d's man page, but the format of
skelton scares me - I don't understand it yet.

I need to add 2 things to startup sequence:

1. "aumix -L" to be started as soon as the sound modules
initialize. Nothing to be done for it at shutdown.
2. "fetchmail" to be started as soon as the network is configured
(assume that I have a permanent IP). Needs to be stopped with
"fetchmail -q" at shutdown.

Can some kind soul tell me how to set this up? Both programs must be
run as 'root'.

Thanks for any input,
--
Arcady Genkin
"I opened up my wallet, and it's full of blood..." - GsYDE