Re: HP Web JetAdmin

On Sun, 11 Apr 1999, John Stevenson wrote:

> If anyone gets this going I would like to hear about it, also if
> they can actually print successfuly using linux to a HP printer
> with a direct ethernet connection.

What kind of problems you have with printing ?
I'm not sure about lpr, but lprng works fine by putting
:lp=yourprintername.yourdomain%9100

I also found that the best filer for HP printers is ifhp, not the CTI-ifhp
provided by debian, but newer ifhp from lprng home site www.astart.com.
It can act as a magicfilter, supports duplex-simplex selection and
trays, gets page count etc. Wish someone had packaged it (don't have time
myself) for debian.

Sergey.