Re: HP Web JetAdmin

I got HP Web JetAdmin to work okay on my Hamm distribution,
after making a few sym-links to make up for the differences in
filespace layout.

However, I tried it again with slink and it refuses connection.
I wonder if there are some access permissions that changed
default from the two distros'.  Either that or I changed
something on Hamm that I didnt replicate on slink (slink was a
clean install).

If anyone gets this going I would like to hear about it, also if
they can actually print successfuly using linux to a HP printer
with a direct ethernet connection.

John.

Kevin Cheek wrote:

> I was wondering if it is possible to get the HP Web JetAdmin software
> working with debian. I tried running the installer, but it seems to
> depend on the layout of a Redhat system in order to work correctly
> (the hp web page specifically mentions Redhat). I got several errors
> while running the installer. It seemed to want "touch" to be in /bin
> (it's in /usr/bin on my slink system) and it wanted to use init
> scripts in /etc/rc.d/init.d (as opposed to /etc/init.d).
>
> I worked around the 'touch' problem, installed the software in
> /usr/local/hpwebjet and told it to use port 8010. The hpwebjetd daemon
> seemed to be running after running the installation script, but I was
> unable to connect to it using a web browser.
begin:vcard
n:Stevenson;John
tel;fax:+31 20 34 22 820
tel;work:+31 20 34 22 820
x-mozilla-html:TRUE
url:www.oa.nl
org:OA Europe
version:2.1
email;internet:John@oa.nl
title:Technical Consultant
adr;quoted-printable:;;Objective Alliance=0D=0AHoghilweg 14L;Amsterdam;Zoud Oust;1101 CD;Nederlands
x-mozilla-cpt:;-11328
fn:John  Stevenson
end:vcard