iBCS Anyone?

I've got Debian 2.1 running on a dual PPro with 256 Megabytes of RAM,
Adaptec 2940 and a Seagate 4 GB Cuda drive. All's fine except that I really
need to run a legacy application which requires iBCS. Since the newest
iBCS.deb package was compiled for 2.0.35, I installed and compiled the
sources for this kernel rev. This was the result:

fwd:~# modprobe iBCS
/lib/modules/2.0.35/misc/iBCS: kernel-module version mismatch
 /lib/modules/2.0.35/misc/iBCS was compiled for kernel version 2.0.33
while this kernel is version 2.0.35.

Thinking I'd made a mistake, I removed and re-installed iBCS2.0.35.deb with
the same results as above. The iBCS mailing list seems dead and I've never
had any luck compiling the emulator from source. This issue is holding up an
entire project and I'd sure appreciate any suggestions as to where to go
from here.

Thanks to all and I hope Debian keeps going strong.... really _good_ stuff
:)