root can't login

I'm running potato, and just upgraded libc6.  As can happen with unstable,
it broke stuff.  bash for one.  since root has bash set as its shell, I
can't log in as root.  I can log in as a normal user, which has tcsh for
its login shell.
SO, does anybody know any way I can get root on this box?  I can't reboot
it with a rescue floppy, because the machine isn't here, it's at my work.

I can't su to root.
I can't ftp into it.
I can't rcp files onto it.
I CAN ssh into it as a normal user, and do most of the stuff a normal user
usually can do.

Do I just have to wait until monday and reboot the sucker?

-Brad