How to use Netscape mail w/local mail system?

Folks,

	I've got Netscape 4.5 installed on my slink system. How do I get
Netscape Mail to read from my local mail spool? I use a dial-up connection and
have fetchmail set to periodically grab mail from my ISP POP account. This ends
up putting mail in my system's /var/spool/mail/<my_user_name> directory, from
which I can access it using mutt, Kmail, or whatever. Most of the mail client
programs I've experimented with have an option to be set up for this with no
problems (for instance, KMail has a "Use Local Mail" choice which works just
fine), but Netscape doesn't seem to capable of doing this.

	In Preferences>Mail & Newsgroups->Mail Servers I've selected Using
Movemail->Use Built-in Movemail. When I ask for a new mail check, I get an
error message complaining that Netscape cannot write to my mail directory. (It
says it needs to write lock files.) It suggests that I set the permission of
that directory to 01777 (it's currently -rw-rw----), but doing so (it
becomes -rw-rw-rwT) does not correct the problem. It also says that an external
setgid/setuid Movemail program could be used in the event that all else fails
and refers me to the Release Notes for more info.

	Well, the Release Notes don't cover this and I don't know what might
qualify for an external movemail program. Has anyone out there in Debian-land
made this feature work? Thanks in advance for all your help.

 --
'til next we type...
HAVE FUN!! -- Jesse