Re: pppd problems

John Hasler <john@dhh.gt.org> writes:

> Robbie writes:
> > I had this problem...just touch .ppprc, and everything should be OK.
> > It worked for me, at least.
>
> Yes, but you shouldn't have to.  It's a bug somewhere.  The puzzlement is
> that I have the same version of pppd as Bob does but I don't have the bug.

     I have upgraded my potato partition to 2.3.7-2.  It has the same
behavior as 2.3.5-2.  When I execute pon, it complains about missing
.ppprc, but if I create an empty ~/.ppprc (touch ~/.ppprc), pon works
normally.  I will file a bug report against ppp tonight.

Bob
--
   _
  |_)  _  |_       Robert D. Hilliard    <hilliard@flinet.com>