Re: Doh! Hosed my printer config

Firstly, do you know what netscape uses to print.  Eg, when I press
print in NS, the dialogue box says:
   Print Command: lpr

Also, what are you using to filter?  I use magicfilter, 'cos it does
everything for you.  If you use this, make sure you have run
   magicfilterconfig
and this sets up a good working printcap file.

If you are not using magicfilter, you need
   :if=/etc/<your_filter_file>
in /etc/printcap under your lp printer def'n, and something along the
lines of
   /usr/bin/gs -q -dSAFER -sDEVICE=laserjet -dNOPAUSE -sOutputFile=- -
in <your_filter_file>.

I think that it is normal for NS to dump ps output at your printer
program, and for that to use gs to drive your printer.  I would
recommend using magicfilter to do the filtering.

HTH
Rich