RE: Video Card Recommendation

Hi Nick,

I'd recommend a Permedia 2 based card, and not just because I work for
3Dlabs.

*	They are dirt cheap these days. 8MB card for around $80 (I would
have thought. I'm in the UK)
*	XFree86 now has a nice fast and stable X-server for them, although
not included in slink as you need 3.3.3.1. There are test debs at
http://master.debian.org/~branden/xsf.html though.
*	Its the chip thats being used by lots of developers as a test bed to
bring 3D onto Linux. e.g. the SuSE guys @ http://www.suse.de/~sim/
*	Kernel support is underway and in 2.2.x so you can run it as a
framebuffer device.
*	I personally use them in several machines now and have very few
problems.

Paul