Re: Installing X after a standard install

> I have recently installed debian on a older pc at work with only a 500 meg
> hard drive and no cdrom.  There was no room for both downloaded deb files
> and the uncompressed system on the hard drive if I installed all the options
> I wanted, therefore, I installed the standard system.  Now, I want to go
> back and install the bare necessities to run X.  However, I need to know
> which of the many packages I need to accomplish this.  Can someone please
> get me started on this?
>
> Thank you,
> Amy

Ok, sounds like you could be using hamm, so the list of X packages is:
xbase (not upgrade from hamm to slink, the original xbase)
xserver <--This guy is videocard specific. Svga one works fine on most
cards
xfnt75 or xfnt100
xfntbase
probably xlib6 &&|| xlib6g

The dependencies for xbase:
Package: xbase
Version: 3.3.2.3-2
Section: x11
Maintainer: Branden Robinson <branden@debian.org>
Depends: cpp, ncurses-base (>= 1.9.9g-8.6), libc6, ncurses3.4, xlib6g (>=
3.3-5)
Recommends: xserver-vga16 | xserver
Conflicts: xstd, xterm-color
Replaces: xstd, xterm-color