Multiple gnome-panels are started by gnome-session and other problems

Hi,

I've been playing with gnome stuff in my debian box. I upgraded it to
potato, to have to most recent things, as the ones in slink don't work
very well.

Well, it looks like every time I exit gnome (log out), the session
records the very gnome-panel as an application to be started when the
gnome-session begins, so the second time I log in, there will be 2
panels, the third time three panels etc. Worse, I can't close any of
those panels...

Another problem is that if I choose the lockscreen from the panel, a
screensaver is started, but it's not password protected.

Any clues?

--
Luiz Otavio L. Zorzella                Computer Engineer
zorzella@iname.com