Re: Multiple gnome-panels are started by gnome-session and other problems

I have the same 'feature' running slink with the
slink-staging-area gnome debs (these few do work quite nicely
actually).

In order to avoid the problem, I always log out of the gnome
pannel before exiting from the window manager.  It would be nice
if there was a more elegant way around this though.

John.

"Luiz Otavio L. Zorzella" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've been playing with gnome stuff in my debian box. I upgraded it to
> potato, to have to most recent things, as the ones in slink don't work
> very well.
>
> Well, it looks like every time I exit gnome (log out), the session
> records the very gnome-panel as an application to be started when the
> gnome-session begins, so the second time I log in, there will be 2
> panels, the third time three panels etc. Worse, I can't close any of
> those panels...
>
> Another problem is that if I choose the lockscreen from the panel, a
> screensaver is started, but it's not password protected.
>
> Any clues?
>
> --
> Luiz Otavio L. Zorzella                Computer Engineer
> zorzella@iname.com
>
> --
begin:vcard
n:Stevenson;John
tel;fax:+31 20 34 22 820
tel;work:+31 20 34 22 820
x-mozilla-html:TRUE
url:www.oa.nl
org:OA Europe
version:2.1
email;internet:John@oa.nl
title:Technical Consultant
adr;quoted-printable:;;Objective Alliance=0D=0AHoghilweg 14L;Amsterdam;Zoud Oust;1101 CD;Nederlands
x-mozilla-cpt:;-11328
fn:John  Stevenson
end:vcard