Re: What DO you lose with Linux ???

I posited a problem wherein FTP and HTTP were both unavailable, so the
obvious solution is mail--NOT snail mail, email.  The abuses are there,
but there are times when FTP and HTTP are unusable-- in fact, there are
"bridge sites" that let you FTP -> email, HTTP <-> FTP is regularly
done in most browsers, and HTTP -> email is a curse upon all text-based
mailing programs: if there wasn't a need to use a different protocol
based on context, none of these bridges would exist or be used (FTP-email
is dying because of the extensive use of the HTTP <-> FTP bridge and other
problems).  This problem is going to be with us a long time, and carping
about the unsuitability one of the protocols for large files ain't
helping.