Re: What DO you lose with Linux ???

Frankly I couldn't care less about whether or not you use procmail, exim,
or UUCP.  Any and all of them have the capability to accept attachments.
My point is that there are times when large attachments to email are not
only desirable, but the easiest solution.  I agree that there is abuse,
but let's not throw out the baby with the bathwater.  FYI I did the large
attachment over email thing on a 14.4 modem, and I had no real problem
because I asked dad to send it to me--and neither he nor I had Zip disks
at the time: this has changed since then, but then again, Zip disks
weren't on the market when I did this--so you're too late: and 1.44M/disk
was a bit on the punishing side.  The technology for large attachemnts
over email existed long before sneakernetting large files was feasable for
the home PC (however I remember sneakernetting a 5-platter disk-pack for a
Basic-4 many a moon ago, those things are HEAVY).  In fact, I asked for
the correct protocol, and all you gave me was sneakernet.  Sneakernet is
never the correct protocol, it's just a quick and dirty method of getting
files between comps when you don't wish to use the correct protocol.