Re: SB 128 PCI w/2.1 kernel

>  as far as i know the SB 128 PCI is based on the chip es1371
>  so i would try CONFIG_SOUND_ES1371=y instead.

   Thanks Helmut, but no, there's two different varieties of the SB 128 PCI
according to the driver readme.  You identify them with a 'lspci -n' command;
according to the output I'm using the right one.

   But since I've tried about everything else I can think of, perhaps I ought
to give the other a try. :-)

--
 Regards,                | Why would anyone want to run an operating
 .                       | system that is open source and is developed