Exim delaying delivery of mail?

I recently uninstalled procmail and started using exim's built-in filter
capability.  The weird thing is, it often delays some of my mail.
For example, just now fetchmail indicated it had retrieved 111 messages.
But when I went into my mail I had less than 15 in all directories in which
I receive mail.  Sometime later the mail will show up, but until it does,
it doesn't appear in the spool file or in any other mail directory I've
ever used.

Can anyone help me figure out what's going on?

Thanks in advance.

--

Curt Daugaard
cld@mcs.NOSPAM.net