Re: ip-up for each user?

Robbie Huffman writes:
> I'm currently looking for a way to have a per-user version of ip-up.

I'm assuming that you have multiple users dialing into a single provider
account.  Change 'pon' from

	/usr/sbin/pppd call ${1:-provider}

	/usr/sbin/pppd call ${1:-provider} ipparam $USER

and have the behavior of the scripts in /etc/ppp/ip-up.d depend on the
value of $6 .

> I'd like to start fetchmail if it isn't running already...

It won't start if it is running already.  In any case, how could it be
running already?  Do you have multiple modems?
--
John Hasler
john@dhh.gt.org (John Hasler)