Re: processing makefile.in

On Fri, Apr 02, 1999 at 23:29:20 -0800, Micha Feigin wrote:
> With what am  i suposed to process a makefile.in

"./configure" processes it for you.

> (I downloaded this from cvs and it's the first time i'm tring this so
> maybe it's just not supposed to compile ?)

If you don't have a "./configure" script yet (quite possible with sources
from CVS), read the documenation of "autoconf" on how to generate it.

> also, in relation to the same file, where or what is gmake?

On non-GNU systems, GNU programs are sometimes installed with a "g" prefix.
It's GNU make; the regular "make" on Linux.

HTH,
Ray
--
POPULATION EXPLOSION  Unique in human experience, an event which happened
yesterday but which everyone swears won't happen until tomorrow.