Re: Potato and egcs

On Sat, Apr 03, 1999 at 00:18:50 -0800, George Bonser wrote:
> Ok, whose big idea was it not to provide a real gcc in potato?

Fully switching to EGCS has been planned for potato for quite some time now.

> Maybe it is me but I couldn't find one.

There isn't one, yet. We're working on building one from the gcc27 source
package.

> I did an auto-upgrade and broke my ability to compile 2.0.27-pre kernels
> cleanly.

Welcome to unstable.

> I don't mind being offered egcs but I would LIKE the chance to stay with
> gcc. Forcing egcs is fine IF debian is going to produce patched versions
> of all the latest kernels so they will work.

2.2.x is the latest kernel.

> I happen to need 2.0.37 (because it has the Initio support I need, it is
> more up to date than 2.2.5).

It can't be that difficult to update 2.2.5's from it.

Ray
--
POPULATION EXPLOSION  Unique in human experience, an event which happened
yesterday but which everyone swears won't happen until tomorrow.