SB 128 PCI w/2.1 kernel

   I'm playing trying to get a SoundBlaster 128 PCI card working with the
2.2.1 kernel.  The card's id'ed as a 1275:5000 by lspci -n, so I've compiled
it with the Ensoniq ES1370 driver in the kernel's sound options.  However, I
can't get a squeak out of the card.  I'm pretty clueless when it comes to
sound, despite reading the howtos and such; can someone give me some hints
about what I'd need to do to configure this card?  TIA.

--
 Regards,                | Why would anyone want to run an operating
 .                       | system that is open source and is developed