Re: No LILO Boot after Re-Install Windoze95

Jeff Hill wrote:

> Hmm, now that you say this, I looked back at the partition table (these are the
> essential details I remember):
>
>     Partition                       Boot        Start        End      Type
>     hda1        Primary                             1         198        83        Linux
> Native
>     hda2        Primary                         414         791          5
> Extended
>     hda3        Primary                         199         215        82        Linux
> Swap
>     hda4                               *            (something)
> DOS something
>     hda5         Logical                         (etc.)
> DOS something
>     hda6         Logical                         (etc.)
> DOS something
>
> So, this isn't exactly what I thought I had originally written as the partitions (no
> Linux native, only ext2). Now, what? I'm a bit lost. Switch hda1 to ext2 and bootable?

Both hda1 & hda4 need to be bootable. Linux Native is appropriate for
hda1. Then use this lilo.conf file

boot = /dev/hda
Image    = /vmlinuz
  label  = linux
  Root   = /dev/hda1
Other = /dev/hda4
        Label   = win

This is what I have on my system, and all works fine.

Hope this helps

--
Paul Miller
pmiller@jove.acs.unt.edu