Re: Anyone help set up Iomega ZIP drive please?

On 02 Apr 1999q, Conrado Badenas wrote:
> Anthony Campbell wrote:
> > I've compiled in SCSI support, SCSI Disk support, and IOMEGA parallel
> > support (which I think is unnecessary). None of these are modules and I
> > don't want to use modules if I can avoid it.
> [snip]

> If you don't like modules because now kmod doesn't deinstall unused
> modules, you can do it with the next line in /etc/crontab:
> $ grep rmmod /etc/crontab
> 0-59   *        * * *   root    /sbin/rmmod -as
>
> --
> Conrado Badenas (Assistant Lecturer)
> Department of Thermodynamics. University of Valencia
> c/. Doctor Moliner, 50       | e-m: Conrado.Badenas@uv.es
> 46100 Burjassot (Valencia)   | Phn: +34-63864350
> SPAIN                        | Fax: +34-63983385
>

> --

Thanks for the reply. Late last night I managed to get the thing running;
the problems I had were (1) I was using imm instead of ppa, and (2) I
hadn't included SCSI General.

Now that it IS running, I find that the printer works fine without using
modules and moreover it works from the port on the drive; very nice :-)

This is probably because the latest kernel (2.2.5) provides an improved
driver.

--
Anthony Campbell  -  running Linux Debian 2.1
acampbell@achc.demon.co.uk  http://www.achc.demon.co.uk

"The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ,
Moves on..."   - Edward Fitzgerald (Rubaiat of Omar Khayyam)