Help Installing Linux

I did succeed in changing the file name to Linux from Linux.htm
Still I am back to the same position. When on dos C\Debian (This is where all
the required files are kept) I type "Install", as suggested to me last week,I
get the same messages:  Image file not found. Please enter name of kernel
image file follwed by optional command line parameters for Linux. As I am new
to Linux, do I understand correctly that the kernal file is Linux and it is
looking for the path of that file? Should install from C:\Debian have taken
the file to load automatically? Or do I have to do anything further? If so a
detail instruction to me will be helpful. I am also not sure whether there had
been any defect in downloading the file linux or any other file required to
install from Dos on the same hard drive ? Thanks for any help.