Re: Sound: DMA (output) timed out - IRQ/DRQ config error?

On Fri, Apr 02, 1999 at 03:07:37PM +0100, Vincent Murphy wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 01, 1999 at 05:17:04PM -0800, Ramiel Givergis wrote:
> > I have spent about a week trying to figure out why neither
> > my Creative Labs SB16 or AWE64 work under Debian (2.2.4 2.1)
> > I think it has to do with the way my motherboard handles the
> > irq's and pnp etc.
>
>  i have EXACTLY the same problem.
>
> > Today I finally got it stop telling me
> > there is a conflict on IRQ 5 when in fact, nothing is using
> > IRQ 5.
>
>  how did you do that?  do tell.  anybody who replies cc me as well.
>
> -vinny
>
> -- Vincent Murphy | CompSci Undergrad, UCC | theDon@cs.ucc.ie | (086) 8397405
>           "With a PC, I always felt limited by the software available.
>                   On Unix, I am limited only by my knowledge."  --P J Schoenster
>

> --

I had a little bit of trouble, and here is what I did to solve it:
1. run pnpdump > /etc/isapnp.conf
2. Edit isapnp.conf and uncomment the configuration that I wanted
3. run isapnp /etc/isapnp.conf to configure the sound card
4. Load the sb module automagically with kmod
(or manually with modprobe sb io=0x220 irq=5 dma=1 dma16=3)

I've attached my isapnp.conf without comments, so you can see what it is
that needs to be uncommented.
--
Stephen Pitts
smpitts@midsouth.rr.com

(CONFIGURE CTL00f0/-1 (LD 0

(INT 0 (IRQ 5 (MODE +E)))
(DMA 0 (CHANNEL 1))
(DMA 1 (CHANNEL 3))
(IO 0 (SIZE 16) (BASE 0x0220))
(IO 1 (SIZE 2) (BASE 0x0330))
(IO 2 (SIZE 4) (BASE 0x0388))

 (NAME "CTL00f0/-1[0]{Audio               }")

(ACT Y)
))

(CONFIGURE CTL00f0/-1 (LD 1

(IO 0 (SIZE 1) (BASE 0x0201))

 (NAME "CTL00f0/-1[1]{Game                }")

(ACT Y)
))

(WAITFORKEY)