Re: Sound: DMA (output) timed out - IRQ/DRQ config error?

On Thu, Apr 01, 1999 at 05:17:04PM -0800, Ramiel Givergis wrote:
> I have spent about a week trying to figure out why neither
> my Creative Labs SB16 or AWE64 work under Debian (2.2.4 2.1)
> I think it has to do with the way my motherboard handles the
> irq's and pnp etc.

 i have EXACTLY the same problem.

> Today I finally got it stop telling me
> there is a conflict on IRQ 5 when in fact, nothing is using
> IRQ 5.

 how did you do that?  do tell.  anybody who replies cc me as well.

-vinny

-- Vincent Murphy | CompSci Undergrad, UCC | theDon@cs.ucc.ie | (086) 8397405
          "With a PC, I always felt limited by the software available.
                  On Unix, I am limited only by my knowledge."  --P J Schoenster